Hannah Dear crowned 2019-2020 homecoming queen

Back to Article
Back to Article

The 2019-2020 homecoming queen Hannah Dear is crowned by St. Joe alumna Luckett Nixon, the 2018-2019 homecoming queen.

Sydney Shoemaker

Sydney Shoemaker

Sydney Shoemaker

Leah Clark, Co-editor

Senior maid Hannah Dear was crowned St. Joe’s 2019-2020 homecoming queen this past Friday.
Dear was announced the winner at the crowning of the queen, during halftime of the Bruins’ football game against West Lincoln. The Bruin Band, Varsity cheerleaders, middle school cheerleaders, Spirit Steppers, and the Color Guard accompanied the homecoming court on the Bill Raphael Field. Maids were escorted onto the field by their fathers.
St. Joe students voted which of their peers would represent them to make up this year’s homecoming court. Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors each chose two maids, while the senior class chose four.
Out of the four senior maids, one was chosen as St. Joe’s 2019-2020 homecoming queen.
Representing the freshmen class were Chloe Taylor and Ainsley D’Alfonso. Sophomore maids were Addie Matthews and Claire Bolen. The junior class was represented by Kayln O’Quinn and Mary Hazel Bellan. The four senior maids were Lily Burgess, Hannah Dear, Mary Grace Stewart, and Thyme Turner.
Last year’s homecoming queen, Luckett Nixon returned to crown Dear. Although there were technical difficulties, Dear says that she still cherished the moment. “There was and still is just no way to describe what I felt when I heard my name,” said Dear.
“I am inexpressibly honored to represent to represent this St. Joe fam ily that gives so much love and support to everyone.”