Hannah Dear crowned 2019-2020 homecoming queen

Back to Article
Back to Article

The 2019-2020 homecoming queen Hannah Dear is crowned by St. Joe alumna Luckett Nixon, the 2018-2019 homecoming queen.

Sydney Shoemaker

Sydney Shoemaker

Sydney Shoemaker

Leah Clark, Co-editor

Senior maid Hannah Dear was crowned St. Joe’s 2019-2020 homecoming queen this past Friday.

Dear was announced the winner at the crowing of the queen, during halftime of the Bruins’ football game against West Lincoln. The Bruin Marching Band, Varsity cheerleaders, middle school cheerleaders, Spirit Steppers, and the Color Guard accompanied the homecoming court on the Bill Raphael Field. Maids were escorted on to the field By their fathers.

St. Joe students voted high of their peers would represent them to make up this year’s court. Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors each c chose two maids, while the senior class chose four. Out of the four senior maids, one was chosen to be St. Joe’s 2019-2020 homecoming court.

Representing the freshmen class were Chloe Taylor and Ainsley D’Alfonso. Sophomore maids were Addie Matthews and Claire Bolen. The junior class was represented by Mary Hazel Bellan and Kayln O’Quinn. The four senior maids were Lily Burgess, Thyme Turner, Mary Grace Stewart, and Hannah Dear.

Last year’s homecoming queen, Luckett Nixon, returned to crown Dear. Although there were technical difficulties, Dear says that she still cherishes the moment. “There was and still is just no way to describe what I felt when I heard my name,” said Dear.

“I am inexpressibly honored to represent this St. Joe family that has given so much live and support to everyone.”