St. Joe’s Open House set for Sunday, Nov. 3

Visit St. Joe and see what our middle and high school is all about.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Staff Reports

MADISON, MS—Families looking for a school for their children next year will be able to see all that St. Joseph Catholic School offers during the school’s annual open house next month.

St. Joe will host its annual open house at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, at its campus on Mississippi 463 about a mile west of the Interstate 55-Madison Exit. Families will meet with school officials, faculty and students.

“This is a great way to see all that St. Joe offers and what sets us apart from other schools in the greater Jackson area,” Principal Dena Kinsey said. “Visitors at our Open House will get a good look at our award-winning academic, fine arts and athletic programs.

“We have a long history of producing well-educated, well-rounded graduates who experience success in college and as an adult,” Kinsey said. “And it’s all because of our great programs, dedicated faculty and hard-working students.”

St. Joseph Catholic School, founded in 1870 by the Sisters of Mercy, is celebrating 150 years of faith formation and excellence in education. The school offers seventh- through 12th-graders a rigorous college prep curriculum grounded in the teachings of the Catholic Church.

The school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools under the umbrella of Cognia.

St. Joe is one of four Catholic schools with an open house next month. The other three, all elementary schools serving students in pre-kindergarten through 6th Grade, will offer parents a chance to meet with faculty, tour campuses and learn about their programs.

• St. Anthony Catholic School: Open house is 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at its Madison campus, 1585 Old Mannsdale Road.
  • St. Richard Catholic School: Open house is 11:30 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 17, at its Jackson campus, 100 Holly Drive in North Jackson adjacent to St. Richard Catholic Church.
  • Sister Thea Bowman Catholic School: Open house is 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17, at its Jackson campus, 1217 Hattiesburg St. near Jackson State University.

“Our elementary schools do a great job with their students getting them ready for middle and high school at St. Joe,” Kinsey said. “If you have elementary-age children, you will want to consider the three Catholic grade schools for them.”

“If you already have children there or if they attend another elementary school in metro Jackson, then we hope you will consider St. Joe and the great academic programs we offer,” she said. “We know you won’t be disappointed.”

The St. Joseph Open House program will begin in the school’s Fine Arts theater.

After a brief welcome, families will receive a personalized tour of the campus and have a chance to meet with school leaders, faculty and coaches. Parents whose children already attend St. Joseph also will be available to talk about the school.

Families interested in enrolling their children will learn details about the admissions process – which will begin early in the spring semester. Families can learn more about St. Joseph by visiting the school website at www.stjoebruins.com.

“This Open House gives people an informal way to learn more about St. Joe,” Kinsey said.

“I can’t think of a better, more relaxed way for visitors to learn about our academics, athletics, fine arts, school clubs and other organizations. At St. Joe, we educate the whole student—preparing them for college while guiding them on their journey to Christ.”

SAINT JOSEPH CATHOLIC SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE

Here is a look at the St. Joseph Catholic School Open House:

• The Event: St. Joseph Catholic School Open House, in which families can learn about programs the school offers and tour the Madison campus.
  • The Date: 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, 2019, on the St. Joseph Campus, 308 New Mannsdale Road in Madison, about a mile west of the Interstate 55-Mississippi 463 Exit.
  • The School: St. Joseph, founded in 1870 by the Sisters of Mercy, is celebrating its 150th anniversary. The school is accredited by Cognia.