McCarty crowned homecoming queen as homecoming week comes to a ‘magical’ close

Clay Blanchard

From left to right: 2019 homecoming queen Hannah Dear, 2020 homecoming queen Bianca McCarty, Mr. Tim McCarty, and St. Joe principal Dr. Dena Kinsey.

Leah Clark, Co-editor

Senior maid Bianca McCarty was crowned St. Joe’s 2020-2021 homecoming queen this past Friday.

McCarty was announced the winner at the Crowing of the Queen, during halftime of the Bruin homecoming football game against the St. Stanislaus Rock-A-Chaws. The Bruin Band, Varsity cheerleaders, Spirit Steppers, and Color Guard accompanied the 2020 homecoming court on the Bill Raphael Field. Each maid was escorted by either their fathers, mothers, brothers, or family friends.

Prior to homecoming week, St. Joe students voted for which of their peers would represent them on the 2020 homecoming court. Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors each chose two maids, while the senior class chose four. Out of the four senior maids, one was chosen to be homecoming queen.

Representing the freshmen class were Stella McCarty and Paige Loyacono. Sophomore maids were K.K. Wolf and Bryn Lieb. The junior class was represented by Lara Moriarity and Dallas Hill. The four senior maids were DeAsia Evans, Trinity Johnson, Bianca McCarty, and Jessica Smith.

Last year’s homecoming queen Hannah Dear returned to crown McCarty, one of The Bear Facts co-editors. With her first words being “Are you sure?”, the honor came as a shock to her.

“St. Joe has given me so much, and this honor has been the icing on the cake,” said McCarty. “I will cherish this moment and so many other memories forever.”

Check out the photo gallery week below to see pictures from the “Most Magical Homecoming on Earth”.

Ina