Midweek Paws September 14, 2022

Hello St. Joe, it’s time for your Bruin News Now Mid-Week Paws. It’s the mid-point of the week here at the Joe – and it’s been non-stop, with the next few days promising to be just as hectic.

Today is St. Joe’s annual College Fair in the Bruin gym. Representatives from colleges and universities from across Mississippi, the South, and the nation will be on hand from 8:30 to 10 A.M. Seniors and juniors can attend from 8:30 to 9:15. Sophomores can attend from 9:15 to 10. Look for a full story on the College Fair on the Friday edition of BNN.

JV cheerleaders and the Spirit Steppers dance team will be at the MAIS competition today. This is a big deal for both teams. Even varsity cheerleaders will check out to attend and show their support for the teams. BNN will have coverage of the competition on Friday.

On Thursday, Living out Loud for 9th and 10th grade students meets at 7 A.M. in room 506. The student council meets 30 minutes later at 7:30 A.M. in the library, and we have weekly mass in the fine arts theater at 9:15 A.M. But relax – this is not a dress mass. Wear your usual uniforms.

On Friday, progress reports go out in the afternoon. The senior day of service at the Carmelite Monastery has been canceled and will be re-scheduled for a future date. But the football pep rally in advance of the Friday night game against Tri-County is still on at 2:30 P.M. in the gym.

Speaking of Bruin sports – it has been a busy week so far and it won’t stop.

Cross country had its first meet of the season on Monday after school – the Benton Academy Invitational at the Benton Country Club. Volleyball played at home on Tuesday and will play again Thursday at Christ Covenant. Girls’ soccer has a home game and celebrates senior night on Thursday. Also Thursday, the JV football team travels to Leake Academy.

And that brings us to Friday.

The Bruin football team will host Tri-County Academy in this week’s big home game Friday night at 7 PM. The Bruins hope to bounce back after last week’s home loss to Jackson Academy. Remember – St. Joe students get in free, as do students from St. Anthony, St. Richard, and Sister Thea Bowman Catholic schools, as long as they wear their school shirts. Admission for everyone else is $8.

Remember to visit the BNN YouTube channel on Friday for our next full edition of Bruin News Now. This week, BNN will take a look at the return of the bruin color guard, the Spirit Steppers and JV Cheer competitions, and today’s College Fair. The newscast should be available by mid-morning.

Well, that does it for us today. So long everybody, and have a great rest of your week.